This is a selective guidebook describing the very best of the sport climbing found in Greece, excluding Kalymnos. In total 29 different crags are described, detailing nearly 1,700 routes across all grades.
The guidebook covers the following areas:
- In the north of Greece it details the conglomerate towers of Meteora, plus the limestone areas of Pyli and Mouzaki.
- The best 8 sport climbing areas around Athens.
- The Patras area including the big multi pitch 900m high wall at Varasova, and the hard-core sport climbing at Chatzouri, Alepochori and Kleisoura.
- Further south around the cities of Tripoli, Kalamata, and Sparta is the Peloponnese area. Here there are the recently developed crags of Leonidio, Nafplio, Zobolo, Lagada and Nedousa.
- The Aegean islands of Anafi and Symi, where there are some long multi-pitch sport climbing.
- 3 crags on the island of Crete, which are Voulismeno Aloni, Plakias and Tersanas.
At the start of each crag there is a description of the style and character of the climbing to be found, plus access information and a detailed location map. Further information is given regarding the best time to climb, gear required, and local accommodation options. All the routes are shown on colour photo topos along with a short description.
Published in September 2014, the guidebook is in English text throughout, and includes many stunning action photographs.
Number of pages is 320.
Size is 150mm x 210mm (A5).