Treat yourself to a New Year’s present and buy the new REEL ROCK 11 DVD. REEL ROCK has been producing great climbing films for many years, and this DVD will give you that added inspiration to get out climbing during 2017.
The REEL ROCK 11 DVD is in fact 5 films that visit the best climbing areas in the World mixed with great humour. The five films are as follows:
(1) Young Guns – 15-year-old Ashima Shiraishi and 16-year-old Kai Lightner are the new generation, who are raising the bar for us all.
(2) Boys in the Bugs – Follow Will Stanhope and Matt Segal in their four-year quest on a forbidding 5.14 (F8b+) finger crack high in the Canadian alpine wilderness of the Bugaboos.
(3) Rad/Dad – Lone wolf Mike Libecki balances fatherhood with a expedition addiction.
(4) Brette – Follow Brette Harrington on a personal journey from the Canadian Rockies to Patagonia, via Yosemite.
(5) Dodo’s Delight – The good ship Dodo’s Delight on a rollicking tour above the Arctic Circle in search of unclimbed big walls, with plenty of humour and music along the way.
Released in December 2016, the film is in English with subtitles in Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Hungarian, and English, and has a running time of 101 minutes, plus 46 minutes of extra footage.
Buy the REEL ROCK 11 DVD for £22.50 plus P&P.
This coffee table style guidebook describes 19 of the best multi-pitch climbing areas in Europe, and would make a great Christmas present for a loved one or even yourself. All the locations described in this book are in great setting, and will provide great inspiration to go multi-pitch climbing in Europe.
For each location there is an overall description of the situation and style of the climbing, which coupled with personal experiences of the author and topos of iconic routes provide a great read. In addition to the inspiring photographs there is practical information about how to get there, where to stay, when to go, rock quality and routes, and the type of gear required. The author Martin Fickweller is a renown climbing photographer and writer, and the 188 photographs that are in this book are truly fantastic.
The 19 locations described are; Elbsandstein, Germany; Dolomites, Italy; Gorges du Verdon, France; Ratikon, Switzerland; Fair Head, Northern Ireland; Calanques, France; Montserrat, Spain; Lofoten, Norway; Riglos, Spain; Wilder Kaiser, Austria; Presles, France; Paklenica, Croatia; Mello, Italy; Vratsa, Bulgaria; Bavella, Corsica; Picos de Europa, Spain; Sardinia, Italy; Wendenstocke, Switzerland; and Meteora, Greece.
Buy this Multi-Pitch Rock Climbing in Europe Guidebook for only £32.95 plus P&P.